Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Bad Blogger

I know I haven't posted in several days but things have been a little crazy around here.  I plan on shooting some video on the trail I am using for my 50 miler training.  Hopefully I will have that up soon.  My ultramarathon coming up March 5th is turning into a rather difficult training challenge.  Life seems to be getting in the way just as I am supposed to be building up those miles.  I remember at about mile 45 of my last 50 miler I started having a hard time even walking and I was really looking to avoid that this time!

This should be an interesting season opener.  I am looking forward to getting out there whether my fitness is up to par or not.  I love ultramarathons because you can run at whatever pace you are feeling that day and there is little pressure to "compete".  The environments are very relaxed and everyone is incredibly supportive.  In addition, as a wilderness loving adventurous introvert, the event is kind of like a little getaway for me.

I do apologize for the lack of posts.  I will try to get you guys that video as well as my initial impressions on the Newton trail running shoes soon.  Have great day everyone!

1 comment:

  1. i totally understand the getaway. that is the best part! glad you are out and running. have a super day.

    ReplyDelete