Thursday, February 3, 2011

Welcome to the Blog


Good morning Endurance Crew.  It appears that some of you are finding your way to the new blog today.  This blog will be a collection of my training & racing, Everyday Endurance news, as well as profiles and updates from other staff and followers.  I will try to provide photos, videos, and anything I can do to keep things interesting.  I will also review “non-Everyday Endurance” gear that I come across.  Please excuse the construction as I try to figure out how to do this whole blogging thing ;)
My background – Although I have always loved the outdoors I am someone who has struggled with their weight for a long time.  A few years ago after hitting a high of 250 pounds I watched my brother complete Ironman New Zealand.  This led to a radical change in my life.  What started as a quest to lose weight turned into a quest to finish a marathon, an Ironman, an Ultra-marathon, and now has become a passion and lifestyle.   It’s this passion for the lifestyle that led me to start www.everydayendurance.com
I love to compete in all endurance and outdoor adventure sports and activities.  I do still struggle with keeping the weight off as evidenced by the 25 pound weight gain I had in the 2 months following Ironman Wisconsin 2010.  This year I will be participating in multiple marathons and ultra marathons with some half Ironman’s thrown in there.  First up in a new 50 mile ultramarathon Guts Reactor Run I suppose that’s all for now.  I hope you will follow along and if you ever have questions about me or about Everyday Endurance please let me know.

4 comments:

  1. thanks for doing this! i look forward to reading along. how did you like imwi?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely loved it! I was born and raised in Chicago and have a cabin in Wisconsin so this race gave me some "home court advantage". I raced with my brother and the whole family came out to watch. I ended up shaving an hour off my IMFL finish time and got a PB in the process!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic! it is a tough course. i love in wi and am fairly close to the hills of verona and mt horeb. it is such a great race to do mainly because the fans are so great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't agree more, the fans are second to none. That is a great area to call home, you are lucky! We have a cabin in Minocqua that I get back to when I can. This year I am focusing on my running but am aiming for IMAZ 2012 as my next Ironman.

    ReplyDelete