Thursday, February 3, 2011

New Shoes!

The first stop on my race calendar this year is the 50 mile GUTS Reactor Run.  In anticipation of this event and several other Ultra's I will be running this year I bought a new pair of trail running shoes.


These are the Newton Terra Momentus.  I started "drinking the Newton kool-aid" at the start of 2010 and have really fallen in love with the shoes.  They work very well with the way I run and I seem to be running faster and injury free.  I'm not sure that I can credit the shoes with this but if it's not broke don't fix it!  The Reactor Run in March 5th so I will have about 1 month to train in the new shoes.  I will be sure to report back and tell you my experience with them.  If any of you have run in them before I would love to hear your experience.

Now if I could just lose that "holiday" weight before the race I'll be all set. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Joseph, really looking forward to a review of these, wondering how/if the Newton magic will translate to the trails.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have never run in newtons and wanted to try those this fall and winter getting ready for a 50k trail run. but i stuck with what i have. can't wait to hear about the results. you will be all set!!

    ReplyDelete