Friday, February 11, 2011

Ouch, my back!

Hello all.  Again life is conspiring against me.  I went to go help my brother lay some new hardwood floors and here is what happened:




So my brother has a baby on the way.  Before the baby gets here he is trying to get the house ready which involved, new sub-floor, new hardwood floors, tearing down walls, new drywall, and laying out a new kitchen.

If you notice the floor we are sanding down in the first pic you can see the old paint on it.  The floor John is installing is actually the stadium basketball floor from (Clemson) I believe.  When they pulled it out of the old Stadium John was able to get access to it.  Definitely makes for an interesting story for the house and they are really nice hardwoods.  

Although I tried to use good form while working, I woke up with horrible back spasms hence the second picture.  So instead of knocking out the 20 mile runs I was looking to get in leading up to my March 5th race I am at home popping muscle relaxants and snacking on more food than I should be.  Oh well, I guess with endurance sports it's all about dealing with adversity anyways!  I hope everyone has a good weekend.

2 comments:

  1. oh no!! take it easy. i hope you heal quickly and are up and running soon! the floors are awesome, though!

    ReplyDelete